First Impressions

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

First Impressions

Post by Simy26 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Well played for most of yesterday.

Started off with a wee bit of combat training so i could get use to the sensitivity and stuff. won all three matches there, cool fact, they name the bots off people on your friends list ha.

After that i kicked off the multiplayer. First match was a TDM on cracked. I used the MP5 pre set class and fucking loved it. Went 15-9 i think, really enjoyed it. Much more balanced than MW2. With no stopping power you can actually have firefights. Graphics wise i dont see much of a change from MW2, alot of people have been oaning about them but i honestly cant see a great difference.

Depending on which gametype you are playing the scoreboard will change, so for TDM AND FFA you have kills, deaths, assist, KDR and headshots. And things like HQ and DOm you have Captured and defended etc, quite a nice touch.

SO after my first 2 games of FFA i had reached level 4 and could create my clases. so i backed out the lobby and got to work. I had 7000 CP to spend and i wasted no time at all, bout the silencer for my MP5, akimbo'd my M1911 (best weapons ever!), and bout my ideal perks. Ghost and ninja.

After a good few hours i had ranked up alot and had a fair amount of CP to spend due to contracts etc. So i pimpee out some shit, the clan tag on the guns looks Bad ass. You dont unlock camo etc until level 26. Sad.

Killstreak wise i have had a good few streaks, highest being 8 or 9 ithink. I managed to get a CG in a care package, its really is emense. You control where it goes on the map using the analogue stick and let rip. I spawn fucked them and got 21 or 22 kills with it lol, contributing it to my best game yet 44-13 i think.

Now i shall touch on a few other things, probably the thing i am most impressed with is the dive-to-prone, had'nt given it much of a thought, but wow it works well and looks fucking baddass (max payne style) Smile.
There is so much shit you can do to your player card and stuff, i think everone here will be impressed by it.

See you all tonight xxxxxxxx
Simy26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First Impressions

Post by Big Jimmy83 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:14 pm

OMG I'm going to go crazy sat at my desk!

It sounds so good... If play fuck up my delivery I will not be happy. It was bad enough Simy sending me game invites to black ops last night! SLUT!

Big Jimmy83

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:48 pm

LMAO sorry about that, yeah man its amazing, best COD to date, the movement and everything is so smooth Smile

Stuck at work the now as weel, but i'm off the next 2 days hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

What if your pre order isnt here, will you just go and buy it or will you wait for it.
Simy26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:05 pm

I went home in my lunch break and my Hard-on had arrived! In every sense of the word!!!

I left my xbox downloading the classic zombie maps. They are going to take ages to download with my shitty connection. Hopefully they will be done by the time I get home from work this evening.

I should be online about 7 for about 4 or 5 hours this evening. Anyone else fancy a game!?

Big Jimmy83

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:15 pm

I will be in not long after you dude, and i will be on all night Smile

YAY this day shall always be known as the day of hardons

or hardon tuesday if you will

seewhatididthere
Simy26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by i x 0wN4g3 x i on Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:39 pm

8 oclock guys?
got footie training till half 7 then probably do some boot camp like what you did simy to get the hamg of things then boooooooom, i'm dead! Very Happy hahha oh does anyone know if like assassin, crossfixio etc . . . wil be on aswell? >3

i x 0wN4g3 x i

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1154652252

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:41 pm

I dare say so man, cross was on earlier this morning i think,
Simy26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Commander/Slay3r is doing an all-nighter, I'm sure a few others will be too..

Love the game so far, it's hardly taken my breath away because the spawn systems are worse; although in a way it keeps you on your toes and prevents camping cuz you are never safe.. So with camping being so hard, I can't tryhard as much Sad Still love it!
DTLA Jager
Admin

View user profile http://dtla.go-board.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Lloydy on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:37 pm

spawns on headquarters in particular are a nightmare, but then again i guess they always have been on every COD game to date. Those gunships are immense i had one last night in a domination game and absolutely destroyed them. Basically flew over to the top of theit flag and took a massive shit on there spawn (think king kongs finger).

Overall im really enjoying the game but sometimes iv gotten annoyed with the spawns, but just the amount of customization in the game makes up for it.
DTLA Lloydy

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/lloyd.sant

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Someone has been watching the inbetweeners!

I've only played TDM and I kinda like the spawn system. Less opportunity for camping (as Jager said) and it makes it difficult to spawn trap a team. Not that the American's know what that means! It just takes one person within sight of there spawn for it to flip/change.

Big Jimmy83

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:41 pm

What I have noticed more of is that if you are away from your team, the enemy will probably spawn near you and unlike MW2 they can spawn in your cross-hairs. Happened twice in my favour
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kneeslidersxxx on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:22 pm

it greats. the ending is soo cool n kennedy with zombies..lol. c u online guys
kneeslidersxxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Had a good few hours worth on it now and love it.

Only concern i have is that we dont seem to working as a team anymore. I noticed yesterday in particular on domination that we arent controling games as much as we should. Last night for instnce there was a match on summit, me lloydy jimmers and demo struggled to get control of the match, we did eventually win but it was a struggle.

I think for games like domination and the like i will be equipping a tac insert and choosing my own spawn point.
We also not to stop flipping the spawns on domination and demolition. Take our 2 flags and keep them.
Simy26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:57 pm

We have definitely lost our team work. When we were playing domination it was a struggle. There was no callouts or strategy, just a lot of rage (myself includd in the rage!).

When we play domination I am going to start camping a flag (probably the spawn flag) - If we have a full team then one other person could join me and the other 4 can keep hold/control B flag. Lets get back the DTLA spirit of winning!

Big Jimmy83

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Yeah we seem to have been all going in seperate directions last night near no flags lol.
If we can all get back into the mentality of defending 2 flags and letting LLoydy or someone else go get soem kills , then we will be fine.

With regards to call outs it should be easier, if we can all use the grid reference.

Simy26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:06 pm

The grid references are good whilst we are all still learning the maps. But the grid squares can still cover a large area, but we should be trying to get more specific callouts.

Big Jimmy83

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Lloydy on Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:47 pm

We're fine capping the flags but then we all just seem to leave them and run off, defending them is just as, if not more important, i dont give a fuck about my kd in domination and i'll always jump on the flags but if im one kill of a blackbird or another high killstreak im gonna try and get it as some of the killstreaks can change the game, good example would be on summit last night in domination i got 2 blackbirds and that really helped with controlling the map alot more. Also it needs to be more of a collective effort when capping flags. Couple of times iv been capping flags then had two or three guys run in on me, in these situations it really helps to have another guy on there.

I think once everyone gets completely comfortable with the high traffic areas on the maps then we'll be just as good as we have been previously.

What I have noticed aswell is that the enemy will always spawn in groups of two or three and that sometimes the spawn points are pretty random. Might be worth everyone having a partner and sticking together whilst moving round the map? Just an idea, what do you guys think?

Don't know if the randomness of the spawn is due to people rushing their original spawn or what but we need to concentrate on map control.
DTLA Lloydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:22 pm

Gona paste this onto the domination topic in a different section.

Couldnt agree more mate.
Simy26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:59 pm

2 on spawn flag, 2 on middle flag, 2 slayers.

Me and Lloydy should be slayers, but if KneeSliders is on he would take my place. That's pretty basic, we can expand on it as we learn our way through the game. It does seem a lot harder to do well, camping flags is too hard because camping in general is too hard.. Seems less tactical in that aspect, it's all run n gun now
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Lloydy on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:28 pm

DTLA Jager wrote:2 on spawn flag, 2 on middle flag, 2 slayers.

Me and Lloydy should be slayers, but if KneeSliders is on he would take my place. That's pretty basic, we can expand on it as we learn our way through the game. It does seem a lot harder to do well, camping flags is too hard because camping in general is too hard.. Seems less tactical in that aspect, it's all run n gun now

I know what ya mean but i think just being around the flags would be enough, then if ya die cal out where youv been killed.
DTLA Lloydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:24 pm

No chance camping is pretty easy in this game. Its hard ifi you sit in the same place. Bit if you move about one area of the map, job done. I got up my KS in about 2 mins camping B area on launch.

I think this game is more tactical, having to choose the right equipment etc.
Simy26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Meh there are just far more entrances into every area, B launch has 6 places you can be shot from or they can come from.
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Ano its great, Chatty mic chat box cutey
Simy26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:48 pm

It does seem to be more difficult to camp at a flag in domination, but I think TreyArch have put the flags in positions were they can't be camped on purpose and makes the game a bit more tactical.

Having the right equipment is important, but as we can work as a clan we should be able to make the most out of our equipment.

Big Jimmy83

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Matti077 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:53 am

im going to smash the disk after the recation at my house, fucking joke. cant ruion things
Matti077

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum